The customer support team at a large specialty pharmaceutical health service group has had trouble serving patient requests related to order status check and refill updates. The reason for the delay was due to the manual processes between the specialty group and pharmacy systems. Patients enrolled for different programs/medications needed to have their order status in real time. They needed a process that automatically communicates between systems and updates their order status in real time.
The client is a leader in distributing pharmaceuticals and providing health information technology, medical supplies, and care management tools. As a standard communication procedure incorporated by the company, patient orders are acknowledged by their status, i.e. “Accepted”, “Pending” or “Denied” and are categorized by the program that the patient chooses. The patients can then confirm, modify or place new orders. The patient’s order must be updated daily based on the status of each program and drug. The client needs an automated process that can read the order details from Salesforce and send letters to patients via postal mail.
A Mule Application that will:
- Integrate with a salesforce application to pull information related to orders placed on that day
- Group the orders based on the program/drug enrolled as well as order status
- Generate files in standard format per business requirements
- Automatically route files to designated locations on a daily schedule
- Archive the communication between pharmacy systems and patients
Thousands of requests (new enrollments, re-fills, order status checks) are generated daily. Before we developed the Mule application,the turn-around time for status update was around 4-8 hours. With the newly implemented Mule application, we brought it down to about 15 minutes.